Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 11 azofra to granon


23.9k but it feels like a lot more, 39780 steps. A beautiful camino day that starts late by peregrino standards, but I spent the night in the modern alburgue with cute little rooms with dos camas and it is quiet and no early blarring lights so I sleep. I have a cafe con leche and say bon camino to jaque who has walked with me on and off for the last 3 days. He epitomizes the romantic frenchman who at age 61 has started his journey 2 months ago in le puy and with his broken lyrical English he learnt in Saudi Arabia 28 years ago is very charming. He carries essential oils that he uses and a hydration system in his backpack that he does not. There is an interesting link to the not so charming baker from a few days ago that I will elaborate on at another time.
Today I want to walk alone and go off the camino on a blue path to Canas to see the the Santa Maria cistern abbey with alabaster windows. Running out if charge and I am writing this again due to technical difficulties. Hopefully more later.

1 comment:

  1. I am drinking a lot of cafe con leche as well. Every morning and afternoon! The old french man sounds really sweet!

    ReplyDelete