Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 11 part 2

It has been a 6k walk along a quiet road to canas and I arrive 10 mins before the abbey and adjoining museum open. Time to eat some of the Bread I have been carrying for the last 3 days that is now stale, but the queso cuerado tastes better. The rest of the bread goes in the bin. I get a peregrino discount to the abbey and am in awe with the opulence, the alabastor windows that let in natural light, the antiquities and the skulls of virgins wrapped in ribbon, what is the meaning of this? Another 5k until I join the camino, but a pitstop for una ceveza first. The yellow arrows and shell waymarks are a welcome sight, but the outskirts of santo Domingo ugly with wharehouses and industry. The camino goes right by a potato sorting place of sorts where they are moving potatoes from crates and bags to large containers and I can't make any sense of it but it is entertaining .

No comments:

Post a Comment