Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 20 terradillos de Los templarios to hermanillos de la hermanillos de las calzada

26.9k I am distressed in the morning because I can't find my red leather heart purse and it has a special gold chain in it. I alert everyone in the alburgue, people all remember it since I have been wearing it clipped to my waistband and we all search high and low to no avail. To add to the distress the Dutch patient from last night is testing his legs by prominading around in far too skimpy underwear. i set off after leaving my email address with the hospiteleria. Once again the moon is ahead and the sun behind and I catch up with the model of the perfect pilgrim from Burgos, who started his walk in st. Jean, Ruben wears a black beret, carries an extremely tall walking stick and explains that it is the traditional way and why (similar to the walking stick instructions I received from my personal camino guide almost 3 weeks ago), he also carries a traditional leather pouch strapped to his belt, he walks with a bounce in his step and a twinkle in his eye and is a very proud spaniard who points out the mountains of palencia on the horizon on the left and tells me that some days ago a tourist filmed him without his knowledge and asked him many questions and he was not happy about it.

My thoughts remain on my lost purse and I reconstruct the events of last night, stopping at the first cafe I proceed to unpack my backpack and low and behold I find my special purse, I am so happy and so is Ruben, we celebrate with a cafe con leche para mi and a cortardo for Ruben.

No comments:

Post a Comment