Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 7 Estella to Los orcos


21.1k according to the guide but I am not so sure, steps are at least 39000 and woe is me my pedometer broke. I seem to have acquired a personal camino guide who is an engineer so I am hopefull that the pedometer can be fixed. Another gentle walk today but the scenery is changing becoming more agricultural, walking through vineyards and olive groves and I walked very quickly with ease, covering ~20k In
4 1/2 hours, but it is laundry day and good to arrive early at an Austrian alburge to wash nearly all my clothes and dry them in the sun. The grapes are being harvested and today I saw both mechanical and manual methods. Last night I was introduced to Spanish olives and they are so delicious that I had a bowlful for brunch at a pitstop along the camino today. Well I am happy to report that the engineer fixed my pedometer with steps in tact ( 33726 until now and I do not think that I will be walking much this evening). He won't tell me how he fixed it but I suspect a hairdryer was Involved and I can't tell how it broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment